Cupcake Syllables is a sweet game of sorting cupcakes (words) according to how many syllables it has. Cupcakes (words) will either have 1,2,3 or 4 syllables.
1. Four Cupcake trays -each tray has a birthday cupcake with a number candle. That candle determines how many syllables are in the cupcake word.
2. Cupcake words: 1,2,3, and 4 syllable words
How to play:
1. Put cards in a pile. Determine who goes first.
2. Student picks a card, reads it (or teacher reads it for him or her) then places the cupcake word on the correct tray.
3. Student can clap the word out to determine how many syllables are in the word.
4. If the student is wrong the cupcake goes back in the pile.
5. The game is over when all cupcake words have been placed on a cupcake tray.