This product is a multimedia text set about the Great Lakes was designed to give students opportunities to explore comprehension across the curriculum. Multimedia text sets are sets of text that include different forms of text on a central theme, issue or idea. The forms of text can include, print, video, music, images, cartoons, webpages, podcasts, etc. Multimedia text sets engage students in the process of synthesizing and analyzing information presented in varied textual forms across varied points of views. Each of my “Curiosity” Multimedia Text Sets contains a web links page, extension menu page, and individual extension pages that include graphic organizers for each task included in the extension menu. Each extension task requires students to establish evidence based claims while communicating the knowledge they gained.
This product has been designed to be used in a variety of ways:
1. Use the websites on the Web Link page to integrate 21st century learning into your whole class lessons.
2. Use the Web Link page as a guide for students to deepen their knowledge of a topic during their independent computer time.
3. Use the Extension Menu page and Web Link pages together to give students the opportunity to self-select and engage in a various forms of media while completing challenging common-core aligned tasks.
4. Use an Individual Extension page to focus and engage your students on a particular task from the extension menu.
5. Use the whole Curiosity packet to allow students to independently interact with the subject matter.