This action-packed lesson on switches in series and parallel circuits, is fully resourced and differentiated with 13 activities and 9 learning outcomes.
Easy to follow instructions are given on the PowerPoint and worksheets so that the lesson practically runs itself.
The activities include literacy, group work, peer assessment, self-assessment, pupil response to assessment, feedback to teacher on pupil learning via the exit ticket quiz and a practical.
This pack contains material for two hours lesson time in total to enable the teacher to select resources in order to totally bespoke the lesson according to pupil ability, time available for the topic and focus of departmental/school policy. Resources not used in the lesson can be additional homework or used for pre-examination revision.
An easy to follow one-page flow chart lesson plan indicates where logical choices between resources can be made and indicates whether each activity includes literacy, oracy or AFL .
- To know that switches open and close circuits.
- To know that one switch controls all the components in a series circuit.
- To know that components can be controlled individually by switches in a parallel circuit.
- To be able to position switches correctly in simple and complex complex parallel circuits.
- Animated 14 slide PowerPoint- includes exit ticket /plenary quiz
- Cut and stick
- Anticipation guide(starter and plenary)
- Flip It
- Taboo Cards
- Worksheet for practical
- Fact sheet
- Fact Share Worksheet
- Exit ticket template
- ABC card template
- Differentiated homework/classwork worksheets
- Flow chart lesson plan
- PowerPoint with answers /detailed mark schemes for homework/classwork sheets-pupils of all abilities can self-assess or peer assess.
- This pack is effective as a stand-alone lesson but is also a part of a suite of 11 topics which are a comprehensive introduction to current electricity. Each topic is fully resourced with two PowerPoints, up to fourteen engaging resources, a suggested lesson plan and differentiated learning outcomes. The eleven topics are divided into sections and each section is also available as a value-for-money bundle. Links to individual resources and bundles are shown below.
Current, Voltage and Resistance Explained
Conductors and Insulators Free PowerPoint
Conductors and Insulators Fully Resourced Lesson
Circuits and Symbols
42 Question Card Sort Team Game
Intro to Current Electricity 1 - Bundle
Lamps in Series and Parallel (Free Fully Resourced Lesson)
35 Question Interactive Quiz
Intro to Current Electricity 2- Bundle
Batteries and Current
Batteries and Voltage
Current and Resistance
54 Question Boardgame
Intro to Current Electricity 3
Current Electricity - Switches in Series and Parallel Circuits
Current Electricity - Ohms Law
Current Electricity - The Complete Module
Worksheets and homework from this module are also available separately.
Current Electricity - 39 Worksheets/Homeworks
Gain credits for yourself towards other purchases.
Go to My Purchases page and use the Provide Feedback button to leave a review.
This not only helps you but helps other purchasers ensure they are getting value for money and helps authors ensure they are providing top quality resources.
With many thanks