- Starting with units for and positioning of voltmeters in series and parallel circuits, this unit goes on to practically explore the value of voltage in series and parallel circuits.Pupils will also practice drawing circuit diagrams from descriptions and designing results tables.
- With 13 original and engaging pupil resourcesand 2 PowerPoints, this pack is designed to be totally bespoked to take account of pupil ability, time available to teach the topic and departmental policy and focus.
- A clear and concise one-page flow-chart shows the lesson plan and where choices between the resources can be made – please see preview.
- Resources include elements of literacy, oracy, self-assessment, peer assessmentand teacher assessment. These are clearly marked on the flow-chart.
- One PowerPoint is richly animated for teaching and includes a fully animated exit-ticket quiz. The other is a detailed answer and mark scheme for all classwork and homework sheets to enable easy self-assessment and peer assessment.
- There are 12 differentiated learning outcomesfor this pack – please see preview.
- Full instructions for use are given on each resource.
- With foldable, cut-and-stickand fact sheet included this pack is also suitable for schools using interactive notebooks.
- This pack is effective as a stand-alone lesson but is also a part of a suite of 11 topics which are a comprehensive introduction to current electricity. Each topic is fully resourced with two PowerPoints, up to fourteen engaging resources, a suggested lesson plan and differentiated learning outcomes. The eleven topics are divided into sections and each section is also available as a value-for-money bundle. Links to individual resources and bundles are shown below.
Current, Voltage and Resistance Explained
Conductors and Insulators Free PowerPoint
Conductors and Insulators Fully Resourced Lesson
Circuits and Symbols
42 Question Card Sort Team Game
Intro to Current Electricity 1 - Bundle
Lamps in Series and Parallel (Free Fully Resourced Lesson)
35 Question Interactive Quiz
Intro to Current Electricity 2- Bundle
Batteries and Current
Batteries and Voltage
Current and Resistance
54 Question Boardgame
Intro to Current Electricity 3
Current Electricity - Switches in Series and Parallel Circuits
Current Electricity - Ohms Law
Current Electricity - The Complete Module
Worksheets and homework from this module are also available separately.
Current Electricity - 39 Worksheets/Homeworks