Current Events Report & Oral Presentation
Do you ask students to present a news story to the class? Here is everything you need to get started!
This current events packet includes:
• student sign up sheet
• current events report planning template
• task sheet with oral presentation rubric (options with different proficiency scales)
• written report template
• recording sheet for audience
• graphic organizer for connecting (Text-to-Text, Text-to-Self, Text-to-World)
• graphic organizer for questioning
• graphic organizer for inferring
• graphic organizer for fact and opinion
• graphic organizer for identifying quotes
• All-Star Reporter Award (blackline and color versions)
Photocopy the planning template and rubric back-to-back to send home with your students when it's their week for Current Events. Have them return it to you on the day of their presentation. You'll simply highlight the appropriate boxes on the oral presentation rubric and add up the points for the written report. Then, photocopy a stack of awards on coloured card stock to have on hand for your All-Star Reporters. What could be easier?
If you have any issues printing, please select "fit" rather than "actual size" as every printer has slightly different settings.
Click the star at the top to receive notifications about new products and freebies!
Check out my blog for teaching tips!
Like my Facebook page for product giveaways!
Follow me on Pinterest for classroom ideas!
Questions and feedback are always welcome. Please use the “Ask a Question” tab, and I will get back to you as fast as I can! Please ask all questions before purchasing.
This product is licensed for personal home or classroom use unless multiple licenses are purchased.
© Nicole Chatz, Primary Teaching Resources