This current events worksheet is an excellent tool in social studies and humanities class.
- The 4 Explicit W's: What, Who, Where, When
- Cause and Effect: getting to the Why from explicit and implicit information to infer the antecedent and consequences of the event
- Geography practice - opportunity to label a map of the world with the location of the event
- Social Studies Academic Language - exploration of the political, social, economic and religious/moral impact of the event
- Text to Self Connections - short answer response speaking to how the event connects to the students' life, family and community