Also included in
- Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle: Get your students excited about oral presentations! Teaching students how to create an engaging oral presentation is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation skills for these assignments: Current Events News Assignment, HoPrice $9.99Original Price $15.00Save $5.01
- Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 | PDF & Digital: Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 Language Arts program. This all in one full year middle school English Language Arts lesson bundle is a ready-to-go ELA program. ThPrice $269.99Original Price $330.07Save $60.08
- Grade 8 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2 | PDF & Digital: Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 8 Language Arts program. This all in one full year middle school English Language Arts lesson bundle is a ready-to-go ELA program. ThPrice $284.99Original Price $348.81Save $63.82
Current Events News Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Use this Current Events Assignment to help students stay informed about current events happening in our world. In this NO PREP activity, students examine online or print news sources to report on a current event for their class. This can be used with any non-fiction new article or text.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
Included in This Resource:
- Gradual Release Model Teacher Lesson Plan
- Student Assignment Sheet
- Graphic organizers
- Answer Keys (Modelled and Shared Lessons)
- Rubric Assessment
- Points-Based Assessment
- "Perfect for what I needed. Captures all the important areas of focus for an open current events assignment. Easily applied to a variety of sources."
- "Love this. I have students give weekly presentations on current events. This helps them prepare and organize their ideas."
- "Excellent. This will be so useful while we struggle to include non-fictional texts into our lessons."
- "I love that this resource is aligned with so many Ontario expectations, and it allows for students to develop so many valuable skills."
- "Very helpful for my students, who are launching a school newspaper. They need manageable steps for understanding and organizing articles.”
Other Oral Presentations Resources: