Also included in
- Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle: Teaching students how to create an engaging oral presentation is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation skills for these assignments: Current Events News Assignment, Hot Topics Debate Assignment, Book Talks, and a Rant W$9.99$15.00Save $5.01
Current Events News Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: It is important for students to be informed about current events happening in our world. In this NO PREP activity, students examine online or print news sources to report on a current event for their class. This can be used with any non-fiction new article or text.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This assignment is also part of a larger bundled product.
Included in This Resource:
- Teacher lesson plan (using the gradual release model - modelled, shared and independent)
- Student assignment sheet
- Graphic organizers
- Answer keys for modelled and shared lessons
- Rubric Assessment
- Points-Based Assessment
- "Perfect for what I needed. Captures all the important areas of focus for an open current events assignment. Easily applied to a variety of sources."
- "Love this. I have students give weekly presentations on current events. This helps them prepare and organize their ideas."
- "Excellent. This will be so useful while we struggle to include non-fictional texts into our lessons."
- "I love that this resource is aligned with so many Ontario expectations, and it allows for students to develop so many valuable skills."
- "Very helpful for my students, who are launching a school newspaper. They need manageable steps for understanding and organizing articles.”
Other ELA Assignments: