Also included in
- Here is a treasure-trove of ready-to-use printables that you can use with any informational text. Dig into nonfiction books with 24 pages for informational text plus guided book reports and project choice boards. Dig in deeper with the Close Reading Toolkit for Informational Text - tons of graphic o$15.94$20.94Save $5.00
This product contains 23 no-prep current events printables and graphic organizers that can be used with any article or internet news post. Use them when you are reading an article as a class or for independent selections to keep your students accountable. They will also work well with Time for Kids and Weekly Reader articles.
Print out as worksheets for packets or use with Easel Activities by clicking the white, “Open as Digital Activity” button on this page after purchase. Students will be able to type into answer boxes and use a pen tool to fill in check boxes.
For the graphic organizers, both lined and unlined versions are included (as indicated in the table of contents). Most of the pages are meant to be used with a single article; however, there are 3 pages that can be used when comparing and contrasting two articles on the same topic. There is also a page students can use when preparing to share a current events article with the class.
This download includes the following pages
- Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How
- Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How (graphic organizer)*
- Main Point vs. Details*
- Main idea and Summary*
- Article Analysis
- Article Evaluation
- Article Speculation
- Who Said That?
- Finding Facts*
- Pause and Ponder*
- Article Vocabulary*
- Current Events Text Features
- Current Events Questions
- Current Events Sequence*
- Current Events Cause and Effect*
- Current Events Connections
- Current Events Reflections*
- You made the News
- Rhyme It, Rap It
- Paired Articles
- Paired Articles graphic organizer*
- Paired Articles Venn Diagram*
- Current Events Sharing
*Presented in both lined and unlined formats
Other products you will enjoy!
- Informational Text Guided Book Reports & Graphic Organizers
- Informational Close Reading Toolkit
- Poetry Printables
- Paragraph Writing
- Guided Book Report Prompts & Organizers
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom