Used for grades 6-12 as an informal tracking supplement for current events studied over the course of a quarter, semester or year.
My students enjoy the color coding and the geography practice in trying to locate a country/region on the world map.
1. After students have interacted with a current event in class (through reading, video, discussion)...
2. Locate the country of topic or region and color it in on the outline map.
3. On the chart tracker students include a date (teacher can choose date the story is read or date of the event, depending on how the class is organized and how frequently current events are accessed).
4. On the chart tracker students will also connect the event to the color coding used on the front.
5. Lastly, students will summarize in the "What's Happening?" box with 1-2 sentences explaining the current event.
This same tracker could also be used with a blank outline map from your home state or country. (This packet includes two blank world maps with different levels of detailing).