Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Step up your Environmental Science or Global Issues Studies curriculum with this project-based semester-long, 3-unit course MEGA BUNDLE, saving 20%!
These thematic, inquiry-driven units ask students to decide for themselves where they fit in this complex, competitive, and connected global village by exploring everything from the growing world population to globalization to sustainability. Tied with each unit are multiple projects that challenge your students’ ability to teach their classmates, reflect and empathize, and to strengthen their reading, writing, and research skills.
This course is the real-life intersection of social studies and environmental science by exploring our world's most pressing problems of how we as a human race interact with our planet now and moving forward.
Additionally, project-based instruction brings focused rigor and authenticity to your daily lessons. And the personalized work students create is so inspiring. It has re-ignited a passion for teaching in me and I hope it will for you too!
This mega bundle will always include the latest versions of everything Global Issues related at Let's Cultivate Greatness, including all future resources! Just go to "My Purchases" and download at no additional cost!
Included in this Semester-Long Course:
Am I in the Majority or the Minority of the World’s Population? a 4-5 week unit exploring our world’s enormous population, demographics of the world’s people, and an in-depth analysis of extreme global poverty
What's it Like to Live on One Dollar a Day? a 2 week unit that more closely examines what extreme poverty looks like around the world
Is the Modern World Shrinking or Expanding? a 5-6 week unit exploring our world’s rapid population and industrialization growth, consumption of natural resources, and an in-depth analysis of globalization
How Can I Best Sustain our Natural Resources? an 8-week mega unit (or 3 separate smaller units- you choose!) exploring the dwindling of our natural resources, our personal water, fossil fuel, and garbage footprints, and doable sustainability strategies.
In addition, all smaller product and mini unit listings of each main unit are all also included! Perfect for customizing to your classroom's needs and time constraints!
Note to Homeschoolers
Though the included teacher lesson plans and PPT slides are written to fully support a traditional classroom teacher, this course is also a great fit for your teenage homeschooler:
- the inquiry, thematic structure of these units are driven more by critical thinking, reading, and writing skills and a central high-interest question than any one set of state-specific, grade-specific content standards
- a wide age and ability range can easily access the rich variety of sources utilized in these units, making it perfect for a multi-grade group
- your student’s voice is central to each activity, through talking out their learning, maximizing the one-on-one
- activities can be completed independently and aren’t solely reliant on group or whole-class work
- all utilized sources are free or inexpensive and easily obtainable; either included, accessible online, available at your local library, or purchased used through Amazon (links provided)
- these units are independent of a textbook, though one could be used for greater background knowledge
- any activity can easily be left out to customize for your student's skill level or personal interest