This introduction to cursive handwriting practice will provide your students with a wide variety of fine motor tasks and cursive stroke practice. Using a multisensory approach, this resource provides tips and activities to build a solid foundation for cursive handwriting.
Many children lack the fine motor strength and dexterity for lengthy writing assignments. If you have students who need additional fine motor practice in order to approach written tasks, this resource is going to help them tremendously.
- Hand Warm-Up Practice with a kinesthetic approach
- Multisensory Teaching Suggestions to incorporate into every cursive lesson
- Stroke Practice Task Cards
- Tracing Cards for large muscle and small muscle groups (incorporate sky-writing with this resource)
- Cursive Letter Mats (upper and lower case)
- Cursive Letter Practice Pages (letters are grouped according to similar strokes)
- Two styles of Lined Paper (one is highlighted yellow for additional scaffolding with sizing)
- Alphabet Dot-to-Dot Task Cards for fun cursive letter practice
Please preview before downloading!
Read Tips For Handwriting Practice for ways to incorporate even more fine motor practice.
This product is included in the .
Try decodable reading passages for free!
Need more Virtual Learning Activities? Browse the of my store.
Check out more !
--About The Literacy Nest, LLC--
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!