You asked for it; you got it! I have received numerous requests for my book share project in Word document format so that it could be customized for your classroom. Here it is! Not only that, but I have updated the entire project and included many additional files and features to support your implementation.
You can view the FREE download in PDF format here: Yearlong Semi-Quarterly Book Share Project
Download the free version first to see if you like the project and are interested in the editable version.
The PDF version handouts and management forms for a yearlong project which I call book shares--my take on book reports. The book share consists of a written form with details about the book (2 versions included in the freebie) and an oral presentation which is graded on the spot (2 options for rubrics included in the freebie). My students complete these reports twice per quarter throughout the school year. Many of the forms are also included in SPANISH.
Now you can get all of the files from the original in Word format (.doc) for editing, as well as these brand-new features:
- Read Me file with 5 full pages of teaching notes, differentiation ideas, grading and management recommendations, helpful websites, and other implementation tips based on 10 years of using the project with students
- "What are book shares?" document for parents listing curriculum standards addressed in the project
- An additional version of the schedule with space for "just for fun" book shares at the end of the year
- An additional book reservation form in alternate format
- Two additional versions of the info sheet
- Six student-written summaries to use for editing and revising practice
- Mid-year note to parents about book series that are off-limits
- Second-chance record sheet
- Just for Fun book share sign-up form
- Updated Ideas list with 3 new ideas
- All files edited to remove my name and say "your teacher." I have also marked several files to show you where you need to edit to show your grade level and dates.
- Freebie file contains 25 pages. The customizable file contains 42!
- All files in Word (.doc) format for editing, with the cute fonts embedded so you can keep the same look!
If you like the book share project, please leave feedback and check out my other products. I have many resources to support literacy, including full-color, themed file folder games like Author's Porpoise. Keep up with all of my latest creations by following me on Teachers Pay Teachers or becoming a fan of my store on Facebook
! I would also love to hear from you with any requests or feedback regarding any of my products. Feel free to email me at the address listed below.
Please do not copy this activity for an entire grade level or school. If your colleagues like the activity, please send them to Teachers Pay Teachers!
Smarty Pants Teaching Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Yearlong, Customizable Book Share Project in Word Format by Anna M. Colley
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License