This cooperative, engaging, printable poetry activity keeps students interested while they discover the patterns of poetry. Great for encouraging poetry analysis. while students feel like they’re working on a puzzle finding meter, rhyme, narrative, and punctuation patterns.
My students LOVE this POETRY activity and it works in both middle and high school!
I give each group an envelope that has the lines of the poem and ask them to put the poem together in logical order. Students look for patterns and compete with other groups to do their best. The poem is cut so that pieces cannot simply be ‘fit’ together.
Then students fill out the worksheet to reflect on what they've learned with a printable reflection sheet.
This is a great activity for groups which can compete with each other and present their finished poem.
The poem itself has been carefully selected because it has specific patterns of rhyme, meter, punctuation, and narrative content that students can detect when they look at the details in each line.
Great for group work and making poetry HANDS-ON. I use the same envelopes of poems YEAR after YEAR.
- Teacher Directions
- Double cut lines of poetry
- Printable page for students to reflect on the activity
- 'Answer Key' = Complete Poem
Other Teacher's Best products that we are proud of -
SLO / SLG Tool:
- SLG / SLO Student Learning Growth Goal TOOL
: EASY for you and DATA for admin! SLG / SLO? DONE!
• Data Sheets:
- EASY GRAPH DATA SHEET
- QUIZ TRACKER
- TIME DATA SHEET
- CUSTOM SIGHT WORD LISTS & Tracking Sheets
Common Core Writing Lessons:
- GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT
- IF WALLS COULD TALK
- WORD WEBS
- SCAFFOLD STORY
- PROTAGONIST POST
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you do in your classroom every day.
* FREE! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head to the 'My Purchases' page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a 'Provide Feedback' button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. I always love getting positive feedback and you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!