Practice Worksheets - Cut and Paste - Writing Similarity Statements for Similar Triangles
5 pages ...covering Right Triangles/Altitude, 2 triangles similarity and 2 overlapping triangle similarity
Each page has 6 sets of similar triangles. Students need to identify the similar triangles and write similarity statements. Then, the students will cut and paste the statements onto the triangles.
Worksheet 1 & 1a (2 & 2a) use the same triangles but have been set up slightly different. Also the congruence statements are in a different order so you can use both versions with the same students.
Great for Differentiation
The worksheets 1, 1a, 2 and 2a are designed for differentiation. All sheets are set up similarly so student do not realize they are working at different levels. Students are given the level they are working at.
* Worksheet 1: Basic level, students are given part of the similarity statement
* Worksheet 1a: Triangles are separate but students must find the complete similarity statement.
* Worksheet 2: Next level, triangles overlap and students are given part of the similarity statements
* Worksheet 2a: Top level, triangles overlap and students must write the complete similarity statement.
• Review Task
• Math Station (for student that finish work early)
• Mid-Lesson Practice (check for understanding)
• End of lesson check for understanding
Checkout our other similar triangles products:
Are the Triangles Similar Activity
Foldable: Showing Triangles are Similar
We also have a cut and paste activity for congruence statements:
Writing Congruence Statement Cut and Paste