Cutting Edge Brain Repair - Science Worksheet Printable or Google
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
The brain is a wondrous organ that is the very essence of life itself. The brain’s role in our existence is paramount, so when it is not working properly or has undergone some sort of damage, it can wreak havoc on its owner. In the past, fixing the brain has been a risky, often ineffective task. However, recent advances have shown that the use of ultrasound technology shows promising results in certain areas of brain “repair”, including the treatment of anxiety and depression. In this lesson, students will join researcher Mikhail Shapiro and check out his work in this cutting edge (yet bloodless) form of brain surgery.
Suggested Teaching Methods:
1. Pair students to watch and answer questions together.
2. Watch the video as a class, then assign questions as a follow-up activity.
3. Assign each student a question(s) to answer and share.
4. Use as a lesson plan for a substitute teacher.
5. Utilize as an extra credit or homework activity for a related topic lesson.
1. Students will understand the importance and characteristics of the blood-brain barrier.
2. Students will observe how ultrasound is currently being tested on the brain.
3. Students will consider how ultrasound technology can be applied to human brain treatments.
This lesson includes a cover page, a link to a Veritasium YouTube video (7:55 in length), student response questions, an answer key, and an extension activity.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Video link is embedded into the guide for quick access
- Answer key provided
About 30 minutes
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)