Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for preschool SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% compared to buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing. Note: If you've rece$78.80$98.50Save $19.70
You may have heard of cycles, an evidenced-based type of therapy for unintelligible children. You wanted to implement it, but it's confusing, hard to organize, and even harder to maintain. I felt the same way and came up with a way to implement the cycles approach efficiently and effectively!
This cycles toolkit targets the following phonological processes and sounds:
- Syllable Reduction (2, 3, and 4 syllables)
- Syllable Structure (CV, VC, CVC, CVCV)
- Fronting (initial /g/ and /k/)
- Backing (initial /t/ and /d/)
- Final Consonant Deletion (final /p/, /t/, /k/, /m/)
- Stopping (initial /s/, /f/, /v/, /z/, and "sh", final /s/ and /f/)
- Cluster Reduction (initial /sm/, /sp/, /st/, /sk/, /sn/, and /sl/, final /ks/, /ps/, and /ts/)
- Gliding (initial /l/ and /r/)
There are ~5-15 targets for each sound. For example, there are 5 targets for 4-syllable words, 10 targets for initial /sm/, and 15 targets for initial /l/. The number varies on how many appropriate target words I found for each sound!
In addition, I've included a DIGITAL toolkit. It is a separate file in the download. To use it, you can click on the drawer you want (just like the real toolbox!) and page through the flashcards one at a time. This is a great option for use in teletherapy!
Included in this packet is:
- Example phonology goals
- Developmental norms handout
- Informal phonology screener
- Informal phonology assessment
- Progress monitoring forms
- FAQs for implementing cycles
- Session schedule
- Parent letters
- Summary pages for each process (of the targeted words on the flashcards)
- Flashcards in both color and black & white for the processes named above
- Watercolor card deck covers
- Watercolor toolbox labels
- A digital toolbox (clickable PDF version of the flashcards)
If you're looking for just the assessment forms and organizational tools (NO flashcards), I uploaded a separate resource just for you. Click here to check it out!
Note: I added 14 pages of simpler target word flashcards (in color only!) at the end of the packet so you had way more options for targets! The word list for this section was compiled by Brianna Nickell, MA CCC-SLP.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com prior to purchasing!
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟