- A bundle of 4 resources on poetry comprehension - Daffodils by William Wordsworth.This bundle includes:Scaffold Notes: Handouts, Rules, Strategies, Rubrics, GuidesWorksheets, Exercises, and Task CardsUnit Plan, Lessons, Sessions, ResourcesReady to Use PowerPoint PresentationHere are some possible us$9.80$14.00Save $4.20
- A bundle of products on poetry comprehension that deal with:Critical Appreciation of the PoemIdentification of Poetic Devices used in the PoemAnnotation of the Poem LinesThis download includes powerpoint presentations on:The Solitary Reaper by William WordsworthSympathy by Charles MackayStopping by$66.50$95.00Save $28.50
- Product Description
A PowerPoint Presentation of unit plan with 3 sessions on poetry comprehension – Daffodils by William Wordsworth.
After completing this unit students will be able to:
- Analyse the poem to make a critical appreciation (session 1).
- Identify the poetic devices and explain how they are used in the poem (session 2).
- Annotate the lines of the poem with reference to context (session 3).
This unit includes:
- Poem and Summary (Scaffold Notes 1)
- Poet, Introduction, and Setting (Scaffold Notes 2)
SESSION 1: POETRY ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL APPRECIATION
- Poetry Forms (Scaffold Notes 3)
- Poetry Structures (Scaffold Notes 4)
- Poetry Analysis Guide (Scaffold Notes 5)
- Poetry Analysis Template (Scaffold Notes 6)
Collaborative Group Tasks:
- Pair-Share - Completing summary (Exercise 1)
- Ask-Write - Identification of Poetry Elements (Exercise 2)
- Write-Advance – Critical Appreciation of the Poem (Exercise 3)
Assessment - Poetry Analysis Rubrics (Scaffold Notes 7)
Differentiated Tasks - Planning to write poems (Exercise 4)
Plenary – Selecting correct options for poem comprehension (Exercise 5)
SESSION 2: POETIC DEVICES IN POETRY AND THEIR USAGE
- Comparison Devices (Scaffold Notes 8)
- Sound Devices (Scaffold Notes 9)
- Figures of Speech (Scaffold Notes 10)
- Poetic Devices Prompts (Scaffold Notes 11)
Collaborative Group Tasks:
- Pair-Share – Meaning of expressions and filling blanks (Exercise 6)
- Ask-Write - Identification of poetic devices (Exercise 7)
- Write-Advance - Explanation of the Poetic devices as used (Exercise 8)
Assessment - Poetic Devices in Poetry Rubrics (Scaffold Notes 12)
Differentiated Tasks - Creating poems (Exercise 9)
Plenary – Selecting correct options for poem comprehension (Exercise 10)
SESSION 3: POETRY ANNOTATION AND REFERENCE TO CONTEXT
- Annotation Guide (Scaffold Notes 13)
- Annotation Template and Prompt (Scaffold Notes 14)
- Explanation Prompts for Figures of Speech (Scaffold Notes 15)
Collaborative Group Tasks:
- Pair-Share - Summarizing the meaning (Exercise 11)
- Ask-Write - Identification of annotation elements (Exercise 12)
- Write-Advance - Annotating the lines of the poem (Exercise 13)
Assessment - Annotation Rubrics (Scaffold Notes 16)
Differentiated Tasks - Analyzing poems (Exercise 14)
Plenary - Answering comprehension questions (Exercise 15)
Home Learning – Online quizzes and exercises
CCSS - Common Core Standards - ELA.LITERACY.RL.6-8.1-4
Skills - Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
For a lesson plan of the same resource you may refer to:
This is what teachers say about these resources:
- WRITING BUNDLE-LESSON PLANS: Great resource to always have! Really helped to raise the rigor of my lessons! – Cheri Reynolds
- DIALOGUE WRITING: This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
- CAPITALIZATION RULES: The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing. – Mary Z.
- ACTIVE VERBS: This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
- FICTIONAL STORY WRITING: A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
- NOUN PHRASES: This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
- PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING: Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS: Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
- FIRST-AID: Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES: These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
- PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS: I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT: I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
- OXYMORON: This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
- SEVEN AGES OF MAN: This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
- PREPOSITION TYPES HANDOUT: My students loved this poster. - Patricia O.
- PLAY-SCRIPT PRESENTATION: This looks awesome! I am excited to use it with my advanced theater class this year! - Kimberly R.
- THE HIGHWAYMAN POEM ANALYSIS: AWESOME resource! I highly recommend this product! – Samantha L.
- STORY ANALYSIS HANDOUTS BUNDLE: Looking forward to using this extensively in all levels of my classes. - Olivia Fulmer.
- STORY ANALYSIS LESSONS AND RESOURCES BUNDLE: I'm using this for the English II short story unit. - Olivia Fulmer
- SENTENCES LESSONS AND RESOURCES BUNDLE: Very thorough. These cover all the areas of need for sentence types and structures. - Steelers Fan
- READING COMPREHENSION LESSON PRESENTATION: I love it and can't wait to use it. - Vivian W.
- ADJECTIVE PHRASES WORKSHEETS WITH ANSWERS: Perfect for what I needed. - Laura T.
- DIARY ENTRY FORMAT: Just what I was looking for! - Louisaratcliffe
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS BUNDLE: A great resource for my kids to practice!!! - Rebecca Thorman
- PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES BUNDLE: This is a superb resource for review. - Kay Crawford
- COMPARE AND CONTRAST INFORMATION TEXT LESSON: This is a superb resource for review. - Kay Crawford
- TYGER TYGER - POEM LESSONS AND RESOURCES: This is fantastic! I bought it for the Tyger aspect but there is so much more to it than that. I love that it includes clear grading rubrics and so many additional resources - I will be using this for the rest of the year! - Michelle Beauchamp
- THE NECKLACE - PROSE COMPREHENSION: LESSONS & RESOURCES: This is a good resource for this story. I like the way characterization is explained. -Tiffany Beausoleil
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES BUNDLE: It's hard to find a good compound-complex sentence resource. - Carrie Taylor
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: