Get your students investigating history with this versatile document based questions activity for Ancient Roman Achievements.This Common Core bundle has a mini-DBQ that is designed to be similar to the New York Regents exam (why?...because New York has been doing this for a while and it's expected that many states will follow this format). The DBQ is divided into a primary source document analysis and a written response section. Students are expected to respond to questions, find evidence and provide commentary. It fits perfectly with the common core writing standards 6-8.1-10.
Here’s what’s included with each DBQ:
1.A focus writing response question prominently on each page.
2.Historical background introduction followed by a DBQ student task list.
3. Six varied primary source and secondary source documents with short answer questions
4. Answer keys for short answer questions.
5. Three writing response options so teachers can choose by class level or teaching preference. Each option includes instructional materials.
6. Student writing templates for each writing response option both with and without stem sentences.
7. Guided practice writing worksheets and a commentary stem sentence printable.
The DBQ covers Ancient Roman achievements of aqueducts, architecture, Latin, concrete roads, laws and government.
This was a LABOR OF LOVE! Have a great lesson!
✎✎✎ SAVE BIG! This activity set is also included in a the discounted ANCIENT ROME BUNDLE!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania