This entirely original DBQ includes 11 documents with analysis questions for students, along with a thorough teacher answer key. Documents are from carefully selected primary source excerpts, maps, images, and secondary source excerpts.
This information covers:
- the role of the Roman state religion, polytheism, and emperor worship
- the fundamental teachings and values of Christianity
- persecution of early Christians and why Christianity was threatening to Rome
- how and why Christianity spread so quickly and became so dominant
- Constantine's Edict of Milan and the religious policy shift in Rome
This DBQ can be used for an in-class lesson, assigned for homework, given as an essay, or used for Regents review.
Makes a great companion to my lessons Economic Decline of the Roman Empire
and Decline of Rome: Diocletian and Constantine Attempt to Save the Empire
For BIG savings, you may be interested in my "Classical Greece, Rome, and Byzantine Empire Unit Bundle"
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!