- Product Description
Purpose of Lesson:
Student’s historical thinking skills will be reinforced: analyzing and interpreting evidence, developing a thesis and finding appropriate evidence to support their claim. In addition to reinforcing student’s historical thinking skills, students will analyze the great contributions of the Abbasid dynasty.
What is included:
1. Lesson Plan: Detailed Lesson plan with essential questions, big ideas, student objective and sequence of lesson. Optional activities are included.
2. Student Handouts: (1) Short reading and comprehension questions (2) Timeline to establish context
3. Primary and Secondary sources: Five Primary and Secondary sources and ten comprehension questions to help analyze each document.
4. DBQ Outline Scaffold: This will help students write a five paragraph essay.
5. Rubric: A detailed rubric to help guide students writing and to help grade essays when completed.