Get your students investigating the Mongols through he eyes of Marco Polo!
In this assignment students will look at maps of Marco Polo's route and read excerpts and primary source documents about Marco Polo's Journey to answer questions. This packet includes templates, instructional materials, primary source documents, examples and project ideas on the Silk Road. Students are expected to respond to questions, find evidence and provide commentary. It fits perfectly with the common core writing standards 6-8.1-10.
This activity includes:
1. Teacher instruction pages, with modeled examples.
2. 5 readings, including primary source documents.
3. Activity ideas and examples.
4. A rubric.
5. Writing templates for writing commentary, DBQ response templates and a conclusion template.
6. A Marco Polo reading introduction
✎✎✎ SAVE BIG! This activity set is also included in a the discounted MEDIEVAL CHINA BUNDLE!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, The Silk Road, Kublai Khan, Yuan Dynasty, Instructomania