Get your students investigating how wealth gained from trade fueled great achievements during the Italian Reniassance. This Common Core resource packet has a mini-DBQ that is designed to be similar to the New York Regents exam and SBAC. The DBQ is divided into a primary source document analysis and a written response section. Students are expected to respond to questions, find evidence and provide commentary. It fits perfectly with the Common Core reading and writing standards 6-8.1-10.
Here’s what’s included with each DBQ:
1. A focus writing response question prominently on each page. The focus question for this DBQ is: To what extent did a thriving economy and strong leadership provide a foundation for the achievements of the Italian Renaissance?
2.Historical background introduction followed by a DBQ student task list.
3. Seven varied primary source and secondary source documents with short answer questions. These can also be done separately as a stations work format for another option. Specifically students analyze the banking system, famous art, Brunelleschi's dome, the emergence of the florin, trade routes and MUCH more.
5. Three writing response options so teachers can choose by class level or teaching preference. Each option includes instructional materials.
6. Student writing templates for each writing response option that both include stem sentences and do not.
7. Guided practice writing worksheets and a commentary stem sentence printable.
This was a LABOR OF LOVE, that took an unimaginable amount of time. Have a great lesson!
† † † SAVE BIG!!! This activity is also included in the RENAISSANCE BUNDLE for a great savings!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, DBQs World history, DBQs Medieval world history, the Renaissance DBQ