Get your students investigating Native American relocation with this versatile document based questions for Westward Expansion packet. This Common Core resource packet has a mini-DBQ that is designed to be similar to the New York Regents exam (Why?...Because New York has been giving these common core assessments for years, and it's expected that many states will follow a similar format). The DBQ is divided into a primary source document analysis and a written response section. It fits perfectly with CCSS 6-8 1-10 reading and writing goals!
Here’s what’s included with each DBQ:
1. A focus writing response question prominently on each page. The focus question for this DBQ is: In what ways did Westward Expansion affect Native Americans?
2.Historical background introduction followed by a DBQ student task list.
3. Six varied primary source and secondary source documents with short answer questions. These can also be done separately as a stations work format for another option.
4. Answer keys for short answer questions.
5. Three writing response options so teachers can choose by class level or teaching preference. Each option includes instructional materials.
6. Student writing templates for each writing response option that both include stem sentences and do not.
7. Guided practice writing worksheets and a commentary stem sentence printable.
This was a LABOR OF LOVE, that took an unimaginable amount of time. Have a great lesson!
***SAVE BIG! You can buy a DBQ for 8 U.S. History units in a DBQ Bundle.
These resources are versatile and Common Core!
*****SAVE BIGGER! You can buy a bundle of Common Core resources including this product at Westward Expansion Notes, Activity and Resource Bundle.
These resources are versatile and Common Core!***
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, DBQs US history, DBQs U.S. history