DBQ Writing Workshop!
PRINT AND DIGITAL VERSIONS INCLUDED!
This is a step by step explanation of how to write a DBQ! It is designed to walk the students through every step and allow multiple opportunities for guided practice. The teacher copy includes answers, tips, and highlighting to show the skills.
There are 30 pages in the document, not including the teacher copy!
1. What is a DBQ?, Primary/Secondary Sources
2. Why do we write DBQs?, Parts of a DBQ
3. Steps to Complete a DBQ
4. Historical Context. Task
5. Reading Strategies
6. Highlighting and Numbering
7. Constructed Response Questions (CRQs)
8. Thesis Statements
9. Thesis Statement Practice
10. Organizing the Essay
11. Outside Information
12. Transition Words
13. Citing the Evidence
14. Citing different types of sources
15. Guided Practice for citing sources
16. How to analyze in the essay?
17. Writing Introductions
18. Introduction mistakes to avoid
19. Writing Conclusions
20. CRQ practice (Constructed Responses)
21. Practice Body Paragraph – Putting it all together
23. DBQ Score Sheet
24. Grading Rubric
25. Planning Page – Student
Several rubrics are included to make it easier for you to grade DBQ essays.
This resource can also be used when discussing writing using primary and secondary sources. It would be a great introduction lesson or even for review.
DIGITAL COPY INFORMATION:
- To access the digital copies, you will need to click on the links in the PDF. This will force you to make a copy. You can then add slides and delete slides. I also included a separate google slides for just the planning page.
Let’s Stay Connected!
I would love to be able to share with you new products, store discounts, free products, and updates. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage. I also have a Facebook page: Lisa Battista’s Classroom. I post freebies, new products, polls, and useful resources.
Contact me: email@example.com
©2020 Lisa Battista, All Rights Reserved