Also included in
- This is the ULTIMATE English teacher bundle! If you are looking for team-building activities that you can use in your English Language Arts classes to keep your students engaged over an entire semester, then this growing ELA Bundle is for you! Have some FUN with your students, they won't even realiz$39.99$62.91Save $22.92
- Escape rooms are the ultimate team-building activities and work great as back-to-school activities or at times during the year when students (and teachers) need a break! Get everyone in the class working together and collaborating with these fun, team-building, low-prep escape room games! This growi$109.99$157.83Save $47.84
Learn the art of debating (and everything in between!) with this fun, interactive and engaging escape room. This is a new and creative way to teach your students about the debate process.
- Learn and review key debate terms
- Learn a few fun facts about some current and historical debates
- Take a closer look into some debatable topics (relevant to teens)
- Review a few debating tips through encrypted puzzles
- Be introduced to common logical fallacies and modern examples
- Learn about the debate format using the included outline/template
Do we have to complete ALL of the challenges? No, you can mix-and-match the challenges, as each puzzle is independent of the other. As the teacher, you can decide which puzzles you may want to use and in which order they will be completed.
Are locks required? While this is an escape room-style resource, locks ARE NOT required, but you can definitely incorporate them into the challenges if desired.
What is the appropriate group size? While these activities can be completed as an individual and/or pair activity, if you are looking to group your students, a size of 3-5 would work best.
How long does it take? It truly depends on the groupings, but each challenge could take anywhere from 15-30 minutes (on average). You can complete this resource with students as early as grade 8 and all the way until grade 12. It would just take students at the 8th-grade level a bit longer to complete, but the challenges are definitely 'doable' for a variety of grade levels.
: Oh no! You were accidentally locked into a classroom and you’re about to take part in a classroom debate set in the next hour. If you do not make it out in time, your team will not be able to participate. If you successfully complete the challenges, you will escape and make it on time to the debate!
In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to sharpen your pencil (and eyes!) and pay attention to the letters within the maze to identify various words. You will collect letters along your way, which will spell out the names of various debate terms. In addition, you will have to search to find hidden words, including a hidden, mystery item. (BONUS: Terms and definition worksheet also included!)
In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to be able to correctly identify a few fun facts about some famous debates. Be careful! If you incorrectly answer any of the questions, you will be penalized for going over the time limit on your opening arguments and/or rebuttal. (BONUS: Debate preparation worksheet included!)
Put your detective skills in place because this challenge is going to require you to unlock a secret message in a unique font. In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to answer a series of questions based on three separate debate-themed newspaper articles. (BONUS: Debatable topics worksheet included!)
In order to successfully complete this challenge, decoding the various debate tips using the cryptogram codes provided. (BONUS: Debate tips reflection assignment included!)
In order to successfully complete this challenge, you will have to sort through all of the true and false logical fallacy definition cards and place them into the correct column. (BONUS: Logical fallacy terms and definitions worksheet also included!)
In order to successfully complete this challenge, work your way through three mazes and arrive at the debate on time!
*Upon completion of the challenges, three (optional) themed ("The Great Debate Escape") editable certificate has been included, so you can easily type in a name and date and give each student who participated something for their efforts! In addition, a one-page, post-activity reflection on the escape room has also been included.
Check out the FREE preview for a better look at this team-building activity!
© The Classroom Sparrow