Also included in
- This bundle contains every single Civics/Government resource from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every single resource but saving BIG with a whopping 20% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying the bundle$45.00$57.00Save $12.00
- This bundle contains every single American History resources from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every American History resource but saving BIG with a whopping 20% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- What's In This Bundle?This bundle contains access to EVERY single paid resource in the Mister Harms store! Save big and go for it! It's EVERYTHING! It's the whole kit and caboodle, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax, the whole shebang! Whatever you want to call it, you're going to get it al$160.00$274.05Save $114.05
This primary source lesson will help students better understand one of the most important documents of all time - The Declaration of Independence. Though Thomas Jefferson's Declaration can be difficult to understand for some, this worksheet is a great overall, big-picture way to study such an important document without becoming overwhelmed. The Declaration is really just a big "break-up letter" from the colonists to the King. While referring to the included primary source text of the Declaration, students will answer given questions and find a variety of excerpts to help them understand this important document. This has been a fabulous, concise way for my students to best understand the Declaration of Independence. I love using this for my 7th & 8th grade classes, but I would highly recommend this to be appropriate through grade 12.
- Complete set of teacher directions to help guide the lesson that includes a few suggestions and ideas for introducing the lesson.
- A copy of the Declaration of Independence text broken down into 11 sections.
- Two page primary-source analysis worksheet with questions to answer, excerpts to find, and sections to summarize.
- A one page list of extension activities for further reinforcement and understanding.
- All documents are in PDF and GOOGLE DRIVE format!
If you'd like an additional idea for studying the Declaration, I highly recommend supplementing this lesson with my Declaration of Independence: Break-Up Letter and Texting Activity! This "break-up" activity begins with the teacher finding a break-up letter in the classroom and then reads it to the students as a fabulous hook and introduction to the Declaration! I like to use both of these resources with my students as each resource helps various learners! I also love setting up the Declaration of Independence unit with my lesson on Thomas Paine's Common Sense!
Thanks so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you! I hope this resource adds value to your classroom. If you have time, I'd love for you to leave a rating on this product with your awesome feedback, and make sure to follow Mister Harms for important updates and savings. I would also love to see how you've incorporated this product into your classroom. Feel free to post a photo of this resource in action and tag @misterharms so I can meet you! I hope you have a wonderful day!
You may also like:
Government: The Bundle Get and save big!