This resource contains everything you need to get going with a lesson on Descriptive Information Texts in your classroom.
1. Recall information text types.
2. Describe the features of descriptive information text type.
3. Explore the structure of description.
4. Write a descriptive information text on a given/chosen topic.
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
1. Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Information Text Structures
3. Description Text Structure
4. Sample Descriptive Texts
5. Description Template
6. Assessment Rubrics
7. Sentence Types
8. List of Active Verbs
9. List of Adjectives & Adverbs
10. List of Connectives
11. Descriptive Writing Topics
1. ALL students will describe using the features of description in an appropriate manner with intro and conclusion.
2. MOST of the students will describe using the features of description in a sequential order and structure with inviting intro and conclusion.
3. SOME students will describe using the features of description in an effectively organized, logical and creative manner with engaging intro and conclusion.
Teachers can use this to enhance the writing skills of the learners, especially the technique required for gathering and putting together information for descriptive texts.