Also included in
- The Essential ART ROOM Bundle for new Art Teachers in Elementary contains 11x teacher resources to start your art programme in Junior school. When starting out there is always so much to do it can become overwhelming, So save yourself time and stress by using these products already created for you.$40.00$48.00Save $8.00
Artistic process can be distilled into the principles of The Design Thinking Process. Here I have simplified the concepts of DTP for Primary / Elementary school age students into 6 easy steps. Each step is explained with examples given. Print the 6 posters for your classroom wall to help track where students are up to, when creating original or teacher guided work. This can be applied to any creative task.
Teaching young students about design thinking helps them develop a growth mindset and important problem solving, analytical and spatial thinking skills.
Benefits for young people who engage in design thinking include:
• Being able to identify problems and reframe them as actionable opportunities;
• Understanding the value of collaboration and feedback;
• Viewing setbacks and failures as valuable learning moments;
• Appreciating the value of hard work and persistence;
• Developing self-belief as problem solvers;
• Developing empathy;
• Developing a growth mindset;
• Developing stamina and resilience; and
• Developing entrepreneurial and community-minded behaviours.
• A focus that is both future and solutions-oriented.
Fantastic resource. Thank you!"
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
❤️Connect with One Teacher’s Journey by following the store. Click the green star below the shop name. You can also follow my instagram account @timea_oneteachersjouney
and be the first to learn about new products
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
If you value this lesson plan, please leave a strong rating to encourage other teachers. Every care is taken with editing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement and give you, and others the best quality lesson plans
HOW TO EARN TPT CREDITS and PAY LESS ON YOUR PURCHASES
TPT sends you reminders to give feedback on your purchases. If you miss those, log into your account and go to your MY PURCHASES page.
Beside each purchase is a PROVIDE FEEDBACK button. When you complete the quick feedback and rating, you earn feedback credits from TPT that will lower the cost of future purchases.
This feedback is helpful for writers in determining the value of our resources and we can make more of what you need.
Please review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © One Teacher's Journey