A lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on diary writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of diary entry.
- Acquire imaginative skills and techniques required for diary entry.
- Use sequences of sentences and paragraphs that are linked smoothly to demonstrate knowledge of diary entry.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Diary, Chronicler, Journal
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Diary Entry
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Same Answer
- Success Criteria - Diary Entry Checklist
- Scaffolding Notes - Diary Writing Format
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 3 Online Quizzes
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - 5 Online Exercises
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - Diary Entry Features
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Task Cards
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.W.6-8.3abcde/4
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
- Educational Tools and Resources - Adverbs, Verbs, Adjectives, Connectives
Teachers can use these resource to teach the students to make a diary entry, thereby helping them to enhance their writing skills.
For a PowerPoint Presentation of the same topic you may refer to:
DIARY ENTRY PRESENTATION
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: