The perfect resource to help students transition from letter sounds to actual reading!
This no & low-prep NWF Mega Pack jam-packed with absolutely everything your students will need for a full year of NWF practice. Included are the following resources:
1. 9 Lists of NWF 50 words – 450 nonsense/make believe words organized on 9 color-coded lists. Lists have color-corresponding flash cards for practice. All are available in black and white, as well.
2. Vowel Match-Up Practice Pages – On each of the 45 pages, students sort 10 CVC make-believe words by their vowel sounds. Again, these sheets are color-coded to coincide with the 9 lists of NWF words. 10 words per page X 5 pages per list X 9 lists = 45 pages, including 450 nonsense CVC words. All are available in black and white, as well.
3. 9 PowerPoint & 9 Google presentations – Presentations are color-coded to match the 9 NWF lists. 50 words in each presentation = 450 words/slides in all.
4. 9 NWF Progress Monitoring pages – before and after using each list, use the corresponding progress monitoring page to measure fluency progress.
5. Build-a-Word/”Is it a real word?” Activity for centers or small groups – Students use consonant letter and rime cards to build real and make believe (nonsense) words. Then, students write the words they create on, “Is it a real word?” record sheets and identify words as real or make believe. 35 rimes* & 19 consonants = 665 possible combinations. All are available in black and white, as well.
6. Teacher helping resources – One list of all 450 nonsense CVC words used in this pack in alphabetical order. The other list shows the 9 nonsense word lists (50 words each) in alphabetical order, separately.
Make this NWF Mega Pack part of your ELA instruction and watch your students' decoding and reading fluency skills soar!
* Included word families are:
ab ad ag am an ap at
eb ed eg em en ep et
ib id ig im in ip it
ob od og om on op ot
ub ud ug um un up ut