There are tons of book report alternatives on Teachers Pay Teachers. This one is for your 1:1 classrooms and perfect for middle schoolers. With their focus a lot on their phones these days, this project engages them in a unique way. This can be used for any fiction novel.
Each Google Slide is a different "app". Each "app" requires the students to apply a literary skill to their independent reading book. You can give them the entire presentation at once for them to complete or have them fill out as you complete skills.
The "apps" are:
- Messaging: Important conversation between main character and another character.
- Contacts: Focuses on character relationships.
- Maps: Significance of settings.
- Music: Mood...finding songs to represent varying moods in the story.
- Phone: Recommendations to others who would like to read the book.
- Clock: Story structure.
- Camera: Symbols found in the story.
- Reminders: Listing important events.
- Email: Write an email that focuses on theme.
*** HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME! ***