Also included in
- This bundle will be a collection of any past & future science resources that are fully digital! The resources in this bundle will follow skills aligned with 1st grade science. These activities can be accessed through Google Slides, PowerPoint and preloaded into Seesaw. Each resource has multipl$53.99$69.00Save $15.01
- This bundle is a collection of DIGITAL & PRINTABLE resources to teach Earth & Space units! The resources in this bundle will follow skills aligned with 1st grade science. Most activities are great for Kinder too! Please look into each unit to ensure it works for your students.Digital activi$39.99$59.50Save $19.51
- This MEGA SCIENCE BUNDLE will be a collection of all present and future science resources for K-1st! PRINTABLES (craftivities, visual objective cards, hands on activities, writing prompts, independent practice, and QR code hunts using real life photographs) AND fully DIGITAL resources!★★ DOWNLOAD P$84.99$134.50Save $49.51
This FULLY DIGITAL unit is perfect for virtual or face to face learners! Engage your young astronomers to learn about different objects in the night and day sky with videos and interactive activities!
- comparing day and night (activities, objects in sky)
- observing and recording objects in day and night sky
- patterns of the sun, moon, earth
- learning the characteristics of sun, moon, stars, constellations
This digital resource is accessible using PowerPoint, Google Slides links (that can be used in Google Classroom), AND preloaded Seesaw activities!
LESSON LINKS INCLUDED:
- Lesson #1: Introducing Day & Night
What are the differences of day and night? (video embedded)
What Time of Day? Sort activities by if they happen in the day, night or both
Why Does the Sky Change from Day to Night? (video)
Moon During the Day? (video)
Compare Objects in Sky - Movable picture sort with a venn diagram
Which is your favorite? Why? - Students choose day or night as their favorite and write two reasons.
- Lesson #2: Day Sky & Facts about the Sun
Observe & Record - Draw (using pen tool in Seesaw or scribble tool in Google Slides) the objects you see and label!
Create a Day Sky - Use relevant stickers to decorate a sky in the daytime
Facts about the Sun - Video embedded + fill in the blank statements with audio
Track the Path of the Sun - Move the sun where it will be next in the sky
- Lesson #3: Night Sky & Facts about the Moon
Observe & Record - Draw the objects you see and label!
Create a Night Sky - Use relevant stickers to decorate a sky at night
Moon Phases- Video embedded + putting the phases in order
- Lesson #4: Stars & Nocturnal Animals
Facts about the Stars - Video embedded + fill in the blank statements with audio
Constellations - Video + connect the dots to see the constellations! (3 slides)
Nocturnal Animals - Shine the light to find the nocturnal animals awake and hiding at night!
- Lesson #5: Observe & Think like an Astronomer
What is an astronomer?
Observe like an astronomer! (x8 slides) Decide if the photograph shows day or night and justify their reasoning
Think like an astronomer- 4 multiple choice questions to show understanding (audio included on difficult text)
***Audio included on all "fill in the blank" fact assignments - in Seesaw and Google Slides!
Note: Not all browsers support audio in Google Slides. You can click here to test your browser with a sample from this resource!
★ Let's connect! Follow me on social media media for ideas, sales and new product alerts!
★ Join my email list for freebies! Click here for blog and enter email address in pop box!