Escape by the Morning! This Tell-Tale Heart Digital Escape Room is an innovative breakout game that allows teachers and students to engage in escape room fun, enjoy the 360° view, and have the VR option. Your students will feel like they are actually in the boarding house chambers! You should definitely watch the preview video for this cutting-edge classroom experience!
When my students begin, what will they experience?
By clicking on “VIEW 360°” the digital escape room opens. There is a "heartbeat," sound effect in the background as well as video clips to view, so be sure their volume is on. By hovering over each icon in the escape room, you will see messages appear. Look for the “red start button.” This is where your students will read the scenario and receive their first hint as to where to go next. From there on, the excitement begins!
UPDATED on 10/27/19 - Lock #2 - please refer to answer key in PDF, please re-download if needed.
Perfect for a classroom that has a few devices, BYOD, or 1:1
- Great for review and reinforcing skills. Promote team building, cooperative learning, and deductive reasoning
- Teacher instructions for sharing digital escape room and explanation of how to use the Virtual Reality option and 360° views. **360 views work on a Chromebook by navigating with the "touch pad." On a phone / tablet you would move the device around to see it move. VR option only works on a phone/tablet.
- There are no forced copies with this digital escape room. Just share the link.
- Clues involved: Jigsaw puzzle, reading comprehension, Edgar Allan Poe - author’s bio, Google Earth, deciphering a code in a point-of-view video clip, a hidden message, and watch/listen film clip.
- Designed for small groups / cooperative learning / collaborative learning.
- Digital Escape Room reflection handout
- Notes handout for locks
- Complete answer key for everything.
What are your key questions for experiencing classroom digital escape rooms this school year? Are you planning on using one with your students? Do you have the technology to explore digital escape puzzle options?
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
If you are struggling for classroom space, there are areas in the building you can take your students. The school media center might have table space and “pods” where students can comfortably work together. The media center (or library) can also offer different meeting rooms for you to take advantage of.
Teachers: PLEASE CHECK YOUR DISTRICT'S FILTER. You will need access to Google Sites, JigsawPlanet.com, ScreenCastOMatic video server, Google Forms, Google Slides, and Google Earth. I cannot fix any issues for you. Before purchasing, please check to ensure you will be able to use these sites. ALL firewall issues that occur are on your end in your school/district restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure the links will work prior to your purchase. -Feedback left for tech issues are solely on the buyer's merit and do not reflect the function of the classroom escape room.
This breakout game was tested extensively on a PC laptop, PC desktop, Chromebook, Mac, smart phone, iPad, and LINUX.
Created by Danielle Knight, © Study All Knight 2018