DIGITAL GRAMMAR ESCAPE CHALLENGE FULL YEAR PROGRAM
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (40)
showing 1-5 of 40 products
This full-year, digital grammar program will bring your grammar instruction to life with 40 weeks of creative stories, instructional slides, digital escape-room style challenges, and assessment!
This is a Google-compatible program and students complete all the work on the computer. This works well with distance learning, 1:1 classrooms, remote teaching, Google Classroom, Google Drive or for online education.
Raise your hand if you are tired of…
- Trying to find ways to make grammar fun and interactive for your students.
- Hearing groans and grumbles whenever you tell students you will be working on grammar.
- Correcting the same grammar errors in your students' writing over and over again.
Teaching grammar does not have to be this way!
Introducing The Digital Grammar Challenge Program
The Digital Grammar Challenge is full-year, 40-week grammar program for middle and high school English language arts teachers that includes self-grading assessment, instruction, narrative stories, and weekly digital escape-style challenges to improve student grammar, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. It is 100% paperless!
What grammar topics does it cover?
- You’re vs. your
- There, their, they’re
- Its vs. it’s
- To, too, two
- Commas in a series
- Commas with conjunctions
- Commas with direct address
- Coordinating conjunctions
- Coordinate adjectives
- Comma splices
- Run-on sentences
- Misplaced modifiers
- Double negatives
- Me vs. I
- Misused words
- Parallel structure
- Subject-verb agreement
- Punctuating dialogue
- Verb moods
- Active vs. passive voice
- Parts of speech
- Adjectives vs. adverbs
- Subordinating conjunctions
- Simple sentences
- Compound sentences
- Complex sentences
- Compound-complex sentences
How do each of the challenges work?
- Start by assigning the self-grading quiz to check your students’ understanding of the topic before you begin.
- Use the Google Slides presentation to guide you through each element of the lesson and activity. The slides will help you teach the grammar concept, introduce the story and challenge, and review the answers.
- Read the narrative story as a class to hook students and introduce the challenge.
- Once you have completed the quiz, taught the grammar concept, and read the story, students are ready to try the digital challenge!
- Within the digital challenge, a link is included to a password-protected answer document where students can check their answer. If they are correct, the conclusion slides will appear to complete the story! These slides are also found in your presentation for you to read as a class when the challenge is over.
- Want to check to see if your students’ understanding of the concept has improved? Assign the pre-assessment quiz again after they have completed the challenge to see if they have improved.
What is included in each of the 40 challenges?
- A pre-assessment quiz in Google Forms (self-grading)
- An original narrative backstory that puts students within the story and sets up the challenge
- A Google Slides presentation to guide the lesson and activity with instructional slides, activity prompts, the narrative story text, story conclusion slides, and an answer keys for review
- An interactive, digital, paperless challenge in Google Slides format
- A link to a password-protected file where students can check their own answer
© Presto Plans © Limitless Lessons
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES