CHECK OUT THE VIDEO PREVIEW!
This ⚡Google Slides⚡ version of the Level 2/B Halloween book is designed to encourage young readers to learn high frequency words, use voice-print matching, develop early phonetic cues, and practice spelling.
Whether you have a paperless 1:1 classroom, or are just trying Google Apps for the first time, this resource will be both educational and fun for your students.
⭐When reading the book, children will use these strategies:
· one-to-one matching of voice to print
· relating illustrations to meaning of text
· self-monitoring with known words
· using exclamation mark to read with expression
· comparing words that begin or end the same way
· decoding two- and three-letter words
After reading the 8-page book on Google Slides on a computer, Chromebook, or tablet, students complete four drag and drop spelling activities:
· Spelling in Sentences: No Extra Letters
· Spelling in Sentences: Extra Letters
· Spelling Flash Cards: With a Model
· Spelling Flash Cards: Without a Model
The folder on Google Drive also includes two pdfs:
· a short Quick Start
· a longer Teacher’s Guide.
⭐You can use this kit in several ways:
· 1:1, with partners, small group, or large group
· with Google Classroom, or just on Google Drive
· as a literacy center activity
· for early finishers or extra practice
· for homework
· to give students fun practice using technology
· Expands children’s sight vocabulary
· gives students experience with technology
· can be accessed from any location where you have access to the internet, including at home
· motivating for students
· no more erasing or lost papers
· easy, engaging drag and drop activities
· many opportunities for differentiation
· helps students develop skills while having fun
⭐Looking for the PDF VERSION of this resource? Click here to access the plain PDF version, or click here to see the pdf version with added word work (flash cards, sentence strips, writing papers, running record form).
(Google and the Google logo are trademarks of Google LLC.)
⭐Check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases:
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!