LITERATURE CIRCLES: This multi-faceted paperless resource will bring your literature circles into the digital age. All of the handouts, assignments, projects, etc. are all shared and completed online in preparation for the in-class literature circle meetings! All of the work is created with Google Slides and Google Docs and can easily be shared with Drive or Google Classroom. You don't have to be a tech savvy person to make this work in your class! The detailed step-by-step instructions provided make it painless and easy. (Files are in Google Slides)
If you would rather have the printable version, click HERE.
In literature circles, small groups of students gather together to discuss a piece of literature in depth. Literature circles are an excellent way to guide students to deeper understanding of what they read through assignments and structured discussion.
This resource has absolutely everything you need to set up and implement digital literature circles in the middle and high school classroom.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• Teacher Guide: Detailed information list for starting and running Literature Circles
• Detailed instructions for both teachers and students on how to share the files (images are included to make it easy).
• Literature Circle Novel Choice Google Doc: Students choose their top three novels to read and you formulate the groups.
• Literature Circle Introduction and FAQs for students
• Literature Circle Reading and Meeting Schedule
• List of 5 student roles (summarizer, discussion leader, text connector, vocabulary leader, literary leader)
• Literature Circle Meeting Outline: A digital checklist which guides students though each meeting
• Digital assignments for each of the 5 roles
• Literature Circle Peer Assessment Form: Students assess their group members on their preparedness so you know who did not do the reading or the assignment.
• Student Participation rubric and recording sheet (Fillable PDF form to make for easy marking of lit circle discussion participation). Use it with an iPad or Tablet easily.
• 18 Final Novel Questions: Work for any reading.
• Final Creative Project: Includes a choice of 9 different assignments
• Creative Project Rubric: Makes for easy marking!
WHAT ARE TEACHERS SAYING ABOUT THE PAPER VERSION OF THIS RESOURCE
♥ Book clubs are hard to implement in a classroom, but this made it easier!
♥ Just began using this packet a few days ago. I am very impressed with the amount of thought and detail put into it. I think it will work well in my middle school English classroom.
♥ These forms are so helpful. I really wanted to use literature circles, but was overwhelmed with all the forms I would need to create, etc. This has everything I need.
♥ This was my first foray into Lit circles. This resource made it VERY easy and my middle school kiddos LOVE the ease with which they can understand the different roles. Thanks!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans