Digital Movement & Magnets - Seesaw & Google Slides!
Also included in
- This bundle will be a collection of any past & future science resources that are fully digital! The resources in this bundle will follow skills aligned with 1st grade science. These activities can be accessed through Google Slides, PowerPoint and preloaded into Seesaw. Each resource has multiplPrice $49.00Original Price $69.00Save $20.00
- This MEGA SCIENCE BUNDLE will be a collection of all present and future science resources for K-2nd! PRINTABLES (craftivities, visual objective cards, hands on activities, writing prompts, independent practice, and QR code hunts using real life photographs) AND fully DIGITAL resources!★★ DOWNLOAD PPrice $79.00Original Price $142.00Save $63.00
Bring MAGIC to your force & motion unit! SEVEN lessons to get your virtual and in person kids immersed in learning patterns of movement and magnets! Over 45 slides with interactive activities and videos!
- describing and demonstrating patterns of movement (straight, forward, backward, zig zag, round and round, up and down, back and forth)
- understanding the purpose of movements
- demonstrating the forces of magnets
- understanding terms push/pull, attract/repel
This digital resource is accessible using PowerPoint, Google Slides links (that can be used in Google Classroom), AND preloaded Seesaw activities!
LESSON LINKS INCLUDED:
- - Learn the Moves! Drag the digital objects to practice the pattern of movement (round and round, back and forth, straight, up and down)
- Make the Move (3 slides)- Drag the real world objects to make and identify their movement
- Movement Hunt - Find objects that move in the patterns and take a picture or video.
-Movement Match Puzzles
- Identify the movement & the purpose! Ex. How does a dentist chair move? Why?
Think Critically: What would a bicycle need to move safely back and forth instead of straight?
- - Students enter FIVE amusement park rides (video links embedded) to "experience" and describe the different movements!
- Write: Which ride was your favorite? Why?
- Match the Movements (2 slides) - Label the pictures with the right movements
- *Printables & examples given*
Students design their own rollercoaster and describe the movements!
- Challenge: How can you pull a paperclip through your rollercoaster without touching it?
Intro. to magnets! (videos embedded)
Investigate: Find objects that are magnetic and nonmagnetic
- -Challenge: How can magnets PUSH?
- Teaching slides to teach magnet vocabulary and how they push/pull.
- What's the Force? Label the pictures of magnets with push/pull, attract/repel
- -Sort objects by magnetic/nonmagnetic
- Find the Magnet Myths - Label statements as truth or myth
- Attract a Fact - Write 4 facts about magnets (word bank given)
★ Let's connect! Follow me on social media media for ideas, sales and new product alerts!
★ Join my email list for freebies! Click here for blog and enter email address in pop box!