DIGITAL PLANTS - Needs, Parts, Life Cycle - Google Slides & Seesaw
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle will be a collection of any past & future science resources that are fully digital! The resources in this bundle will follow skills aligned with 1st grade science. These activities can be accessed through Google Slides, PowerPoint and preloaded into Seesaw. Each resource has multiplPrice $49.00Original Price $69.00Save $20.00
- This MEGA SCIENCE BUNDLE will be a collection of all present and future science resources for K-2nd! PRINTABLES (craftivities, visual objective cards, hands on activities, writing prompts, independent practice, and QR code hunts using real life photographs) AND fully DIGITAL resources!★★ DOWNLOAD PPrice $79.00Original Price $142.00Save $63.00
- ALL the fun and learning needed to teach the needs, uses, parts and functions of PLANTS!This bundle brings the best of both worlds - combining the printable and digital activities to keep your kids engaged in the world of PLANTS! From keeping a plant journal, to learning through videos (created specPrice $9.99Original Price $14.00Save $4.01
Engage your in person and/or virtual learners into the world of plants! Students automatically find connections by identifying the important of plants in their everyday life. Interest is kept throughout the resource by integrating edible plants into learning the parts and functions. This plant journey ends with a virtual field trip to a farmer's market and students creating their own market!
- the needs of a plant
- uses of a plant
- identifying parts of a plant & their functions
- parts of a plant we eat
- life cycle of flower to fruit plants (tomato, pumpkin)
- new plants (grow from seeds, stems, roots, bulbs)
This digital resource is accessible using PowerPoint, Google Slides links (that can be used in Google Classroom), AND preloaded Seesaw activities!
**CLICK HERE FOR COORDINATING PRINTABLES**
SEVEN videos are included that were created specifically for this resource!
LESSON LINKS INCLUDED:
- Lesson #1: Plant Needs - 9 slides
- Do you need plants to survive? (teaching slides & video)
- Show the plants you love to eat (engage!)
- How do you use plants? Type to answer.
- What do plants need to survive (teaching slide & video)
- Identify photographs meeting needs of plants
- Type to answer what the dying plant needs
- Lesson #2: Roots & Leaves - 12 slides
- Video: Root & bulb functions, roots & bulbs we eat
- Identify photographs of edible roots
- Label the parts of carrot, turnip & onion
- Videos: Leaf functions, leaf we eat, photosynthesis
- Identify photographs of edible leaves
- Label the parts of peppermint plant
- Lesson #3: Stems, Flowers, Leaves - 14 slides
- Instructional Video: Stem functions & stems we eat
- Identify photographs of edible stem
- Label the parts of the celery plant
- Instructional Video: Flower functions, uses of flowers, flowers we eat
- Identify photographs of flowers
- Label the parts of the broccoli, cauliflower and dandelion
- Instructional Video: How seeds are made & seeds we eat
- Identify photographs of edible seeds
- Label the parts of the seedling
- Use the shapes to make your own plant! Label the parts.
- Lesson #4: Plant Life Cycle (Flower to Fruit)- 7 slides
-Instructional Video: From Flower to Fruit (definition of fruit, function, fruits we eat, illustration of life cycle of tomato and pumpkin)
- 2 timelapses included to show pumpkin and tomato growing from seed to fruit!
- 2 life cycle puzzles: tomato & pumpkin
- Label the parts of the strawberry plant
- Lesson #5: Plant Part Puzzles & Review- 3 interactive slides
-Match illustration to word (plant parts)
-Match illustration to plant part function (AUDIO included on Google Slides & Seesaw!)
- Plant Part Sort: ALL plants have vs. SOME plants have
- Lesson #6: New Plants - 9 slides
-Timelapse video to engage: How do new plants grow?
- Predict: Can new plants grow from roots? (timelapse video embedded)
- Predict: Can new plants grow from stems? (two videos embedded)
- Predict: Can new plants grow from bulbs? (two videos embedded)
- Predict: Can new plants grow from leaves? (Instruction video I created to answer question AND review the parts that CAN grow from new plants).
- Interactive practice: Sort the parts that can grow into new plants
- Lesson #7: From Farm to Market to Sandwich - 8 slides
- Virtual Field Trip to Farmer's Market!
- Labeling Parts of Plants on the Farm (x2)
- Sorting baskets of plants at the farmer's market by their part (x3)
- Create your own market! Sort the movable plants that you can want to use by their part.
- Make a sandwich and name the parts!
★ Let's connect! Follow me on social media media for ideas, sales and new product alerts!
★ Join my email list for freebies! Click here for blog and enter email address in pop box!