Also included in
- ******HUGE UPDATE****** Nearly doubled and now includes DIGITAL version for ALL 3 UNITS for use in Google Classroom & Distance Learning!*****Please check out the preview.Save 20% when you buy the bundle!Next Generation Science Standards LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System$18.40$23.00Save $4.60
**************NOW DIGITAL VERSION included to use for DISTANCE LEARNING and TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION******
Please download the Preview for more images!
Next Generation Science Standards LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System Interactions)
This is PART 1 of 3 units. All 3 units can be found in the Ecosystems Unit Bundle.
This is a collection of lessons and activities following the 5Es of science.
Students will decide if something is living or nonliving through inquiry-based and S.T.E.A.M. activities.
Includes STEAM lesson and new printable activities!
- 4 Learning Target Slides (editable & fixed)
- 14 pages of interactive tasks or worksheets (most also have an editable version and/or an alternative format version)
- 2 Templates for teachers to use in whole class collection
- 2 Learning Targets & Feedback Self-Scoring Pages (1 editable)
- 1 blank slide for teacher creation
Students will meet in Scientists Meetings to develop criteria for all living things. They will be required to do independent journal writing, whole-class brainstorming, as well as Think*Pair*Share work. Once students have come up with “What all Living Things Need”, they will classify things as living and nonliving, based on their criteria. Finally, students will demonstrate their understanding of this criteria that living things grow, reproduce, need water, need air, and need energy.
This unit includes formative assessment activities, and an assessment probe (which can be used as a pre-assessment then again as a post-assessment). There are several graphic organizers included. Includes assessment ideas, modification possibilities, and follow up strategies.
* Camera Tool to insert image
* Dragging elements
* Resizing image
* Text boxes
Thank you for visiting!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Copyright © 2020 Stacey Colegrove
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.