These Interactive DIGITAL Rhythm Flashcards make for perfect music reading activities. This helpful interactive PowerPoint includes 8 sets of leveled flashcards for grades K-6. Set 1 provides fun, simple, iconic reading for your youngest students while the more advanced sets will challenge accomplished rhythm readers.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this NO-PREP resource.
**Click "play" on the video preview above to see this resource in action.
Use Interactive Rhythm Flashcards for . . . .
- echo practice
- "say & play" practice
- to create accompaniments
- for melodic improvisation
For more ideas of ways to use rhythm flashcards, check out this blog post 10 WAYS TO USE INTERACTIVE RHYTHM PATTERN FLASHCARDS.
- Set 1-A: iconic reading (quarter note/rest)
- Set 1-B: iconic reading (quarter note/rest, eighth note)
- Set 2: quarter note/rest
- Set 3: quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Set 4: quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note, whole note
- Set 5: quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, half note
- Set 6: quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, eighth/sixteenth, sixteenth/eighth, half note
- Set 7: quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note, syncopation
- Set 8: quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note, dotted quarter/eighth
Note: Each set includes 16 interactive flashcards for a total of 128 rhythm patterns.
- School Theme for Everyday Use
- Valentine's Day
- St. Patrick's Day
Note: The patterns in each seasonal set are basically the same. Only the icons and the themes have been changed to provide variation during the holiday seasons.
If you are looking for NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, you may be interested in the lessons below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.