Raise the quality of discussion in your classroom with these handy-dandy discussion stems posters that are in both English and Spanish! These posters can be used to help scaffold your students' responses when they share their thoughts and ideas, while at the same time reinforcing the expectation of using text evidence to support those ideas. Each poster lists the Fig.19 TEKS that it supports, and we all know how difficult those Fig. 19 TEKS are for our kids!
These Discussion Stem Posters will help students of ALL grade-levels and abilities, especially your English Language Learners and students with poor oral language skills. They can be use in all kinds of ways, for example:
• While they're participating in a 'Think-Pair-Share' with their partner
• During discussions about the text in novel-studies or book-clubs
• While sharing thoughts during a read-aloud
• When writing in their Reader's Response journals
• While conferring with you during Reader's Workshop
Or whatever other way you can think up!