AT HOME OR AT SCHOOL!
AREA / PERIMETER FARM and ZOO FUN PROJECTS ~
WORKSHEETS AND TASK CARDS BUNDLE!
I created these quick projects for my students to practice finding area and perimeter in a hands - on, fun way. We also used the graph paper to practice coloring and DECOMPOSING rectangles to find AREA.
28 TASK CARDS
9 WORKSHEETS to practice finding area and perimeter
32 farm animal cut outs
23 Zoo animal cut outs
3 different size grids
labels: Area and Perimeter
labels: Area ( if you don't want to work on perimeter)
LOTS of worksheets for pasting the cut outs
Directions and example are included! : )
In a nut shell:
1. The students choose 2,3,4, 5 ... animals
2. They decide the size and shape of the enclosure ( area ) that they will be creating for every animal. Three different grids to choose from provided.
3. They color the enclosures.
4. They paste the animals on the enclosures that they created.
5. The find the area and the perimeter of every enclosure.
6. They paste the label " Area__ Perimeter ____ " under each enclosure ( optional ).
BIGGER PROJECT (FARM or ZOO AREA / PERIMETER)
The students use the cut outs provided and the grid paper to create a FARM or a ZOO.
1) Graph paper ( 3 sizes included )
2) Animal cut outs
4) Construction Paper ( letter size or legal size )
Your kiddos will have fun as they learn. Promise!
MORE RESOURCES IN THIS CATEGORY: NEW! ON SALE NOW!
MORE RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
OPEN HOUSE / BACK TO SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
PARTS OF SPEECH ~ EFFECTIVE GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
WORDS WITH MULTIPLE MEANINGS ~ VOCABULARY PRACTICE
SUBTRACTION ACROSS ZEROS ~ WINTER EDITION
ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION ON A GRID ~ WINTER EDITION
PICTURE PROMPTS ~ WRITING ACTIVITIES
EARLY FINISHERS ~ DOODLE JOURNAL
AREA AND PERIMETER ~ FUN ACTIVITIES
PARTS OF SPEECH ~ STUDENT CREATED SORTS
CONTEXT CLUES ~ FUN ACTIVITIES FOR BEGINNERS
ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, AND ROUNDING WORKSHEETS ~ WINTER THEME
BUILD A SENTENCE ~ SIGHT WORD PRACTICE
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS ~ NO PREP COVER PAGES
READING RESPONSES ~ GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS FOR ANY TEXT