Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 40 lessons (1,014 pages) focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative learning. Teacher$199.80$218.50Save $18.70
It's here! 20% OFF! Three lessons about three popular Broadway subjects--Wicked the musical, actresses and singers Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. Looking for a seven day study? Begin with Wicked and its extension activities (individually or what a partner), then study the actresses who originated the roles in Wicked.
This lessons can be used in distance learning. #DistanceLearningTpT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Included in the Wicked lesson:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Steven Schwartz
- Information about the playwright, Winnie Holzman
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--One Pager Assignment, a Terrific Way to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- One Pager Templates
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Included in the Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth biographies and one-page assignments:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including three links to videos of Menzel's performances
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. I teach theater with a twist. This is an example of what I mean.
Comprehensive? You bet.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at: Dramamommaspeaks
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for eac