Products in this Bundle (50)
showing 1-5 of 50 products
Examines European History from the Middle Ages through the present day! 50 separate worksheets, one for each episode, plus a map worksheet to go with every single episode! ALL WORKSHEETS CAN BE DONE FULLY ONLINE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING -- Just click on "TpT Digital Activity" on the page for any individual episode to assign it through Google Classroom!
Includes detailed answer keys and a time-stamp option for every question, with a variety of worksheet types to keep student interest high! Some worksheets are true/false, some are free response, and some have cloze / fill-in problems.
Teach Engaging Lessons using Crash Course European History Worksheets
Fans of Crash Course World History appreciate its humorous approach to telling in chronological order the story of human history. That tradition continues in Crash Course European History, which dives deeper into AP Euro topics, again with fun host John Green!
This Crash Course Euro History Worksheet Pack covers FIFTY episodes in detail:
1 - Medieval Europe
2 - Florence and the Renaissance
3 - The Northern Renaissance
4 - The Age of Exploration
5 - Expansion and Consequences (Imperialism)
6 - The Protestant Reformation
7 - Reformation & Consequences
8 - Commerce, Agriculture, & Slavery
9 - The Catholic Reformation
10 - Witchcraft
11 - The 17th-Century Crisis
12 - The Scientific Revolution
13 - Absolute Monarchy
14 - The English Civil War
15 - The Dutch Golden Age
16 - Eastern Europe Consolidates
17 - The Rise of Russia and Prussia
18 - The Enlightenment
19 - Enlightened Monarchs
20 - 18th Century Warfare
21 - The French Revolution
22 - Napoleon Bonaparte
23 - The Congress of Vienna
24 - The Industrial Revolution
25 - Reform & Revolution 1815 - 1848
26 - The Revolutions of 1848
27 - The Unification of Germany / The Unification of Italy
28 - Imperialism and Resistance
29 - Migration
30 - Modern Life
31 - Modern Thought and Culture
32 - The Roads to WWI
33 - WWI Battlefields
34 - WWI Civilians, the Home Front, and a Flawed Peace
35 - The Russian Revolution and the Russian Civil War
41 - Post-War Rebuilding and the Cold War
42 - Recovery from World War II
43 - Decolonization
44 - Revolutions in Science and Technology
45 - Protests East and West
46 - The Soviet Bloc Unwinds
47 - The Fall of Communism / Europe After Communism
48 - Europe in the Global Age
49 - 21st Century Challenges
50 - What History War, Is, and Will Be
What You Will Get for in these Crash Course European History Worksheets:
- 50 separate worksheets, one per episode, each typically providing 15 - 25 separate problems or questions in video order. Some worksheets are True/False, some are fill-in-the-blank, and some are free response.
- 50 map worksheets, each one customized to match the locations referenced in the individual episode it matches!
- Detailed answer keys with all false answers annotated with the correct information and many other answers featuring additional information
- Teaching notes embedded in the answer keys to clarify points that students may find misleading or confusing -- so you can take advantage of those "teachable" moments!
- Loads of lesson plan ideas / instructional approaches for using the worksheets
The materials provided for each and every episode include:
- A student worksheet without timestamps, provided in both large format and condensed versions. The large format provides students with plenty of room for their answers, while the condensed variant will help you save on paper and ink!
- A student worksheet with timestamps showing at which point in the video the needed information is presented (also provided in both large-format and condensed versions)
- A full context answer key: This contains the student questions, the answer(s), and the timestamps for each question.
- At times, the answer keys may provide teachers with additional relevant information to help them provide more context for their students. I add this information in whenever I think it might be useful. Teaching ideas related to specific issues may also be embedded in the answer keys.
- A separate map worksheet with a full answer key provided.
In addition to the above, you will also get more than a full page of lesson plan ideas to help you use the worksheets in a variety of ways, so that you can vary your instructional time to keep student engagement high! There's a lot more you can do than the standard, show the video and then have students work on the worksheet. These lesson plan ideas will help you mix it up in class!
For Your Convenience
In this packet, I have provided both the time-stamped and regular versions of the worksheet in two formats: condensed to fit on a single page and in a two-page version that will provide students with a larger font as well as more space in which to write down their answers. This way, you can balance the needs of your students against your use of paper, ink, and time at the copier, as needed!
Why Students Love Crash Course
Few classroom strategies are as successful as this simple approach: make learning fun! That, or course, is easier said than done, but when it comes to teaching social studies content, the YouTube series Crash Course European History is a great place to start.
The script of each episode is packed with humorous observations about life and culture -- ones that help to make strong points about the history being communicated. Just as importantly, the host, John Green, has what it takes to keep students' interest: enthusiasm about the topics, an informative cartoon segment in every episode, and a funny, sardonic delivery of content. Students like watching the series, which means they pay attention to it and learn!
Each episode of Crash Course contains about 10 minutes of content plus a brief time for the credits. Episodes are available for free on YouTube at the following playlist:
HELPFUL LINKS IN CASE YOU LOVE CRASH COURSE AS MUCH AS I DO:
CRASH COURSE WORLD HISTORY WORKSHEETS
ABSOLUTE BEST DEAL:
Crash Course World History Seasons 1 & 2 Bundle -- all 72 Episodes
(Includes 42 worksheets for Season 1 and 30 more for Season 2!)
Crash Course World History Entire Season 2 Bundle -- all 30 Episodes of Season 2
Crash Course World History Entire Season 1 Bundle -- all 42 Episodes of Season 1
Or if you prefer in smaller bundles for World History Season 2:
Or if you prefer in smaller bundles for Season 1:
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 1-5: From the Agricultural Revolution to the Persians and the Greeks
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 6-10: From Buddha and Ashoka to the Roman Empire and Republic
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 11-15: From Judaism and Christianity to the Crusades
- Crash Course World History Worksheets BARGAIN BUNDLE for Episodes 1-15: From the Agricultural Revolution to the Crusades
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 16-20: From Mansa Musa and Islam in Africa to the Mongols
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 21-25: From Columbus, De Gama, and Zheng He to the Spanish Empire, Silver, and Runaway Inflation
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 26-30: From the Seven Years War to the Haitian Revolutions
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 31-35: From Latin American Revolutions to the New Imperialism
- Crash Course World History Worksheets for Episodes 36-42: From World War I to the Upsides and Downsides of Globalization
European history teachers in a *lot* of schools also teach other social studies subjects. Just in case that's the case with you, here are links to my other Crash Course worksheet sets!
BEST DEAL FOR U.S. HISTORY:
BEST DEAL FOR GOVERNMENT:
BEST DEAL FOR ECONOMICS:
Elise Parker TpT
Great History Teaching