Also included in
- 20% OFF! This bundle (111 pages) has EVERYTHING you need for teaching about drama using a Christmas or holiday theme. Study stage properties, costume design, tableau, sound effects and end it with a really fun two-day lesson on the beloved musical, A Christmas Story! And...….there's a BONUS LESSO$16.00$21.25Save $5.25
- 20% OFF! This bundle of four drama lessons (135 pages) can help the busy teacher--two beginning play writing lessons on monologues, costume design for the Nutcracker Ballet and a lesson about A Christmas Story, the Broadway musical. Let me help you. Here's a quick description of each one:CHRISTMAS$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains FOUR different lessons about the Broadway musicals--Wicked, A Christmas Story, The Wiz and Spongebob Squarepants. Students will come away with more knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Broadway musicals. These are great for the busy$21.60$29.00Save $7.40
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains eight different lessons (275 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$52.40$65.50Save $13.10
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$80.00$100.00Save $20.00
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains SIXTEEN different lessons (457 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and thirteen concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these B$102.40$128.00Save $25.60
One of the most beloved holiday films of the season is now a Broadway musical! A Christmas Story the Musical is an engaging, heartwarming, funny musical and this lesson demonstrates that. This two or three-day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies or other Page to Stage musical lessons.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Two Warm Ups--MY Version of Popular Exercises
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos of the Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Pasek and Paul (who also co-wrote Dear Evan Hansen)
- History about the Film and Musical Helping One Another
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theatres Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--Five different activities, individual and group
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
This is an incredibly well done, unique product. I love that your resources are always SO comprehensive and no- prep. The kids will have a lot of fun with this one!"
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.