Also included in
- This listing is a bundle packet created for distance learning. There are seven drama lessons-sound design, set design, costume design, stage properties design, play reading analysis, growth mindset and personality profile. This bundle packet (with a discounted bundle within it!) can be used for some$32.80$44.50Save $11.70
- Save 15%! Here is a bundle (520 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$127.50$150.00Save $22.50
- 20% OFF! Here is EVERYTHING you need: 5 TO 6 WEEK'S worth of engaging, unique and creative units about drama. These are great for distance learning, too. #DistanceLearningTPT The teacher will need access to YouTube.com. HOW DO I USE THESE IN MY CLASSROOM: Students could study each unit or select o$39.70$49.50Save $9.80
This 8 day unit on sound design is suitable for high school students and perhaps gifted middle graders. Students learn about the process of sound design, researching, metaphor, create a sound design plot and be sound designers. They develop a keen eye for what makes a distinctive design and how to critique their peer's work as well.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to those students who distance learning #DistanceLearningTPT
The product includes:
- Warm Up Exercise
- The History of Sound Design
- The Rationale for Teaching Sound Design
- How to Use Metaphor in Design
- Questions to Consider when Designing Sound
- Procedure for each day
- Teacher Script to Introduce the Unit
- Materials List
- Musical and Play List Titles of Most Popular Productions in High Schools
- Sources & Video links list including clip suggestions
- Two Assignments--one a short essay and another to design
- Assignment Rubric--FULLY EDITABLE
- Peer evaluation activity
Comprehensive? You bet. This is a winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years. Enjoy!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are a few review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"Great resource! I love things that adapt Greek myths. This is a very thoroughly planned lesson that students will love."
"Excellent product! Nicely formatted and provides an effective tool for expanding student knowledge and comprehension regarding a renowned theater artist."
"I just love how much you included in this resource. It’s easy to follow and a creative way to teach costume design in drama classes. Thank you so much!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are a few products: