- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$248.35$224.35Save $24.00
- Save 10%! Here is a bundle (481 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$126.00$106.65Save $19.35
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains eight different lessons (275 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$65.50$52.40Save $13.10
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains THIRTEEN different lessons (417 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and twelve concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$110.50$99.45Save $11.05
Dear Evan Hansen is at the forefront of popular musicals with relatable themes for our teens. Give your students an opportunity to study the musical, its origin, trip to Broadway, themes, composer and analyze what they learn from the musical in an extension activity.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: I created a digital version of this lesson which is included in the cost of this product. I divided up the pages and left what a teacher would need for students including answer boxes. I hope it helps!
This one or two day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
Check out the Google Classroom version here: Dear Evan Hansen Google
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher's Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composers, Pacek and Paul
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theatres Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
- And More!
Comprehensive? You bet.
Note: I am committed to keeping my products current and up-to-date. This product was updated on August 3, 2020.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!
WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.