IMPROVED!! September 19 is Talk like a Pirate Day! This two-day lesson gives the students an opportunity to learn about acting by studying dialects and accents. Finish the lesson by performing (in class) a radio theater play, The Frozen Pirate. You'll be feeling your pirate self by the time the lesson is over!
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
The product includes:
- letter to teacher
- two warmup exercises--MY versions of these popular exercises
- teacher's script--what I say and how I say it!
- procedure for two days
- two lessons full of cooperative learning
- history of Talk Like a Pirate Day
- history of radio theater
- a short biography of the author of A Frozen Pirate
- pirate and nautical words and phrases
- A Frozen Pirate radio play script (adapted for the classroom) complete with music and sound cues
- radio theater terms
- music suggestions for radio play
- sound suggestions materials for radio play
- floor plan for blocking a radio play performance
- radio theater synopses
- video clip links, sources
- and more!
Created by an award winning drama teacher and director of thirty-eight years, these units are winners!
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"I love the challenges included in this resource and what it does to storytelling. I can't wait to try them with my students! Thank you!"
An absolutely comprehensive package that is easy to implement- what a time saver! A creative way of encouraging students to learn about stage properties set and sound design, view video examples, take notes, and simply be creative! Looking forward to using this!
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.