Also included in
- This Set Design unit, part of my Drama Lessons and Units product line, is suitable for gifted upper elementary through ninth grade students. At the request of a reviewer, I created additional set piece templates for my Set Design Unit product, so your reviewer of products do matter! In addition, a$15.75$17.50Save $1.75
- Perfect for the new teacher or those looking for unique and innovative resources. This bundle (265 pages) has everything you need to teach a drama class for a semester, quarter or month (depending upon how many times you see your students.) I created these lessons for my own classes and used them fo$63.00$76.00Save $13.00
- 20% OFF! Four of my most popular products! 126 pages! Here is EVERYTHING you need: a MONTH and a HALF'S worth of engaging, unique and creative learning lessons and units about drama. It is suitable for middle and high school drama or gifted classes. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++$33.20$41.50Save $8.30
- BUNDLEThese seven drama lessons and units (163 pages) use fairy tales as the focus. In particular, students learn about set and costume design, tableau, stage makeup, stage properties AND participate in a class play, The Brave Little Tailor. Plus, they have the opportunity to be designers themselv$33.40$46.50Save $13.10
- Save! Here's a bundle (157 PAGES) with three week's worth of learning about theater set design, creating floor plans and models as well as using MATH on the stage! This was created for drama class in middle school, however gifted and talented students and some high school classes will benefit from$40.00$45.50Save $5.50
- This listing is a bundle packet created for distance learning. There are 6 drama lessons-play writing, costume design, set design, play study guide and personality profile. This bundle packet can be used as an for someone home-bound, intervention, as homework, or given after dismissal for extra pra$21.70$32.75Save $11.05
- 10% OFF! Back to School can be a stressful but exciting time, especially for new teachers. his is long enough for a semester, too! It includes TEN drama/theater units, lessons, exercises and activities to start your school year with a "yay!" Time tested and created by an award winning drama teach$51.75$57.50Save $5.75
- 20% OFF! This hybrid blended classroom unit (10 days in length) is perfect for the busy teacher. Here are differentiated learning experiences in set design for your drama classroom. The best of both worlds--this gives distance learning students an opportunity learn individually and additional tools$19.80$24.50Save $4.70
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 40 products (NEARLY 1,225 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over th$241.88$268.75Save $26.87
During this eight-day unit on set design students learn about the history of set design, famous set designers, develop a critical eye about what makes up an award- winning set design, create a ground plan for a fairy tale story of their choosing and draw a rendering. In addition, the students must work with ratios and measuring. The first two assignments are completed individually, but then the fun begins! The students are paired up to create a model working together towards the goal. There is even room for parents to celebrate the end of the unit with your students.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: There are additional set design templates for extra set pieces. They are available here
Included in the unit:
• An overview of the unit for the teacher
• Rationale for teaching set design
• History of set design
• Set designer's responsibilities
• Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
• Warm-up for day one
• Procedures for each day (8)
• Lecture notes including links
• Information about the message color conveys
• Rendering examples
• Stage curtain sheets for rendering--one vertical, one horizontal
• Step by step directions for model building including photo examples
• Cheatsheet for various set pieces
• Assignment sheet for each step of the design process
• Exit slip prompts for 4 days
• Grade sheet EDITABLE in a separate folder
• Source Page
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a time tested product from an award-winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years. I guarantee your students will finish this unit with a new appreciation of the art of set design.
Who knows? Maybe you'll inspire one of your students who will become an award-winning designer as I have.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Here are reviews of other products of mine:
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
Costume Design with Fairy Tale Characters
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Super Heroes Postcard Stories
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Check out other products of mine at: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.