Also included in
- Save 20%!! This bundle has SIX famous women theater artists--Audra McDonald, Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Meryl Streep, Ali Stroker and Sarah Bareilles. Talk about girl power! The biographies include questions about the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and and a link$24.98$28.25Save $3.27
This distance learning lesson focuses on actress and singer, the Tony award-winning Ali Stoker. If you don't know Ali, she is the first wheelchair user to win a Tony award. The student researches questions about her life, the journey to Broadway and various accolades she's received while practicing growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life. This lesson takes sixty to ninety minutes to complete.
Need something for a substitute? All is needed is the internet.
Many teachers combine these biographies with other Dramamommaspeaks over actors Lin Manuel Miranda, actresses Audra McDonald and Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee, Tim Minchin, Pasek and Paul, Cynthia Erivo and Sarah Bareilles. Or they tie it to a lesson about the Tony Awards at Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
This product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One-pager example of theassignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including two links to videos of Bareille's performances
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production. "
"This resource greatly added to my fractured fairy tale theatre unit! Thank you!"
"This is a perfect way to mix up my reading lessons and fun/ engaging. Thank you!"
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.